Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The tech problems here at the Liberry are driving me nuts. We finally got toner for the two new microfilm viewer printers and now one of them keeps failing to print. A tiny digital display at the lower right of the viewscreen flashes obscure error messages like "P0," "4H," "E3." No one knows what these mean, but I'm assuming the machine is playing Battleship.

Meanwhile some moron adjunct faculty shits have assigned their entire classes hours worth of microfilm homework, and we've got hoards of students waiting to use the last functional machine. Ridiculous. One of these faculty members thought we had "dozens" of viewers with printers. Uh, no, asswipe. We have 3, and 2 don't work.

On top of the tech troubles it's been a zany week for accounting problems, video/replacement book order problems, merchandise returns, tax charge difficulties, etc. I don't like having to work at work--if I wanted to work at work I wouldn't have taken this gig in the first place. At least there's only one more day before my weekend!

Ugh, now the print station is acting up. WTF!?

Favorite moment from the Simpsons season 5 set:

Homer: Lord, I know I shouldn't eat Thee, but...mmmmm, sacrilicious.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got out of that school without ever having to use microfilm. Who says the English Department ain't rigorous!

:)

Em

Geoff said...

I got through my MA and never used microforms once--and that was BEFORE the 'net!

In fact, I never used a library other than my own.

Geoff said...

Always like to link to good stuff when I find it :-)