Thursday, February 10, 2005

Dream

Weird one last night. Cha and I were on another trip like the one we took to Honduras (visiting relief sites), but this time we were in Africa. Somehow we were separated and I was on a yellow school bus sitting with her best friend who is gay and who now lives in the Pacific Northwest. I asked him how his boyfriend was doing and he said they'd broken up, to which I replied "I thought you'd said he was The One!?" "Well, he was," came the reply, "until I discovered he'd been in jail."

Then the conversation shifted and he told me "Cha wants a baby." My reply was "Well, she knows how I feel, and I thought she felt the same way--we have an agreement, a condition to our engagement..."

"That you'd divorce if she changed her mind and wanted children so that she could re-marry."

"Yes."

"That's not an agreement, that's bullying."

Then I was climbing a long sandy path to the place we were supposed to stay. Unaccountably, it was an elegant but run-down old brownstone in a shanty town. I was told to find an empty room and just take it, but all the rooms had occupants, all the furniture was occupied except for a couch in the entranceway. Then I woke up and felt ill.

Ah, the not-so-subtle "Hills Like White Elephants" symbolism here!

I highly recommend you read the McDonald's reminiscence posted here--more proof that Faulty Landscape should have his own 'blog.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flea's little one is giving everybody the baby guilt. Don't succumb!

Em

Nick said...

Cut off your testicles!!!!

Bring back the Dream Blog!!!

Or, I just keep losing the link.

I even remembered some of my dream last night, you are influencing me! Usually I can't remember shit.

This time I was running a race from my cliftop cabin to where??? It was a nice landscape, a cliff path overlooking a river and deciduous forest. The river was red, muddy and swollen with run-off. Forgot a lot inbetween. Remember I made it to a fancy old apartment building at the Dreamland MICA. I was sneaking around but none of my school friends were there. The rooms were all nice, wood paneling, green lamps. I really was not supposed to be there.

The other main image that I remember was T and her sister laying face down on the floor and pushing up on their arms while arching their back down. I was thinking "They both are really fine and exactly the same beauty. What a wonderful thing to watch!" Where that happened I don't recall...

Nick said...

Thanks, but I like polluting your blog just fine, thank you!

Nick said...

Damn! R.I.P.

Geoff said...

Loads to respond to--no baby guilt here, at least conscious baby guilt.

JS RIP indeed. Got a couple promos to bust out in memoriam.

Another good dream--I have Dreamland visits to old haunts too! But typically no HAs there. You know, I forgot about that Dream site, I can't even remember the link!

No pollutin' going on that I've seen...