Sunday, February 27, 2005

In for it?

One never can tell with these mid-Atlantic storms, but whenever I see on TV the two animated jet streams streaking down over the plains, dipping into the Gulf and shooting back up the coast, I get antsy: that's the pattern which produces our heaviest snows, and that's the pattern we're looking at today.

The problem is, of course, the track of the storm. A bit too far west and the ice/snow line is somewhere around Pittsburg and we get heavy rains and warm temps. A direct hit and we get ice/snow/sleet/rain mix, which is more treacherous than fun. A bit to the east? BIG SNOW. That's apparently the consensus now, according to the Weather Channel and weather.com--8-12 inches of snow starting at 1am Monday and ending 1am Tuesday.

I would love two days off, baby! Why? Because I still get paid, it falls under Administrative leave and doesn't cost me personal or vacation time, and I'm a lazy muthafucka.

No comments: