Tuesday, February 01, 2005

PC blather

You know, for a crusty old lefty, I really hate a lot of lefties--particularly those who want to censor movies, music, and books because of some perceived lack of "sensitivity." The latest target is Million Dollar Baby, made by the 21st century's cinematic answer to Kant and Schopenhauer, Clint Eastwood.

WARNING: This controversy gives away essential plot points, so don't read it if you ain't seen it

Um, if you think Million Dollar Baby is insensitive to the plight of the disabled, that's fine, and I support your right to express your POV and to criticize the film--I may disagree, and think you're misinterpreting the film, but I still say "more power to ya." When you want the film pulled or changed to suit your agenda, however, I have to say fuck you! You may as well join Reverend Dobson in condemning PBS cartoon shows for daring to suggest not everyone is married and Christian.

No comments: