But there are hopeful signs:
- Coingate could derail the Ohio Republican machine, and bring more attention to Conyer's report of 2004 election irregularities there
- Jack Abramoff might not enjoy being left out to dry by Tom DeLay, and may decide to take his major legislative patron along for the ride
- Katherine Harris is pissed--can Rove and Co. afford to bite the hand that got them there? Will she talk if they continue not to play nice with her Fla. Senate aspirations?
- The Plame Game: Whose name will be revealed as the leaker byTime magazine? Will there be repurcussions for the Admin?
- Any or all of the above could lead to further Downing Street/9-11 incompetence hearings.
So impeachment may be unlikely, but with W.'s poll numbers in the toilet, a more contrary media revving up, and Americans starting to wake from their slumber and ask questions--even red-staters!--we might indeed see some of these crooks nailed at last.