Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy V's Day

How Romantic it is to spend Valentine's Day here at the info desk with Candi. She's here until midnite--at least I can go home at 10 and get some huggin'.

I'd seen a few days back an offer on Amazon by a florist I'd used before: "We'll send a bouquet to your sweetheart on February 14th for 50% off if you order it NOW." I thought, well, that's a fucking great deal, so I ordered it NOW (which is actually THEN now) and of course they sent it to her work last Thursday, but she was pleased nonetheless, and despite the fact it had no CARD nor any indication who the fuck it was from, she knew I'd bought them. The flowers themselves are very beautiful and we actually spread them amongst three vases and they're perking up the dining and living rooms with a splash of red and blue.

This is the 15th Valentine's Day Cha and I have celebrated as a couple. I can't quite get my head around that. 16 Valentine's Days ago she gave me a flower as a gift and I thought she was so sweet, and too young (2.5 years difference matters to teenagers--unless of course there's a blonde middle school teacher involved). I never believed I'd get Cha to date me, let alone marry me.

But back to Candi--some loser guy just came up and asked if she had a Valentine's (usually Kuni gets this), Candi said "No, will you be my Valentine?", and he said "Come out with me and my frat to Casa Mia's on Wednesday." Charming approach, that. I think she'd have gone out with him were it not for the "frat" thing, which garnered a polite refusal.

2 comments:

Nick said...

Was ist Candi, Kuni?

Frat can cum over to Mi Casa Mia's this Friday. All the San Pellegrino they can handle.

---Matt Ramsey

Geoff said...

Candi=HB (Americain)

Kuni=HA (Japonaise)