Wednesday, August 08, 2007

fountain of youth


fountain of youth, originally uploaded by Blog-Sothoth.

Tonight was the National Night Out on Madison Ave. Dozens of neighbors dropped by the sculpture garden across from our house for a cookout, a jazz band, a DJ, and a film screening for the kids.

Morgan and Lavender and Robert and Kennedy are playing in the fountains.



The event was intended to forge community bonds, to raise awareness about crime prevention, and to allow politicians and police leaders to mingle with the common folk. I met most of the City Council candidates tonight (those I'd not met before), and also had a brief chat with Michael Sarbanes, who is running for City Council President. Keifer Mitchell, mayoral candidate, introduced himself and we had a nice long conversation. He asked me to be in one of his commercials, and then sought me out as he was leaving and asked me again. Mr. Peck says "I knew Keifer when he was tiny. He's a good man."

Can a good man win in Baltimore these days?

No comments: