Monday, August 13, 2007
East Coast Elitist Top 10 List
The Top Ten List of things I learned in Delaware this weekend:
10. 18% of the 22% of Americans who still support Bush vacation or live in Lewes and Rehoboth.
9. Rush Limbaugh is appropriate radio for your retail business or restaurant to broadcast to its patrons.
8. People from Delaware hate Senator Joe Biden as much as I do.
7. Lewes is the oldest town in the First State. There is a cemetery in the heart of Lewes with stones dating to the 1680s.
6. There is a museum in Lewes featuring artifacts from a Dutch settlement there that was wiped out by Native Americans in the 1630s.
5. Restaurants touting awards for "Delaware's Best Sushi" should be avoided at all costs. As my friend Takanorii Ishii said of the sushi in Baltimore in comparison to his home town of Tokyo: "This sushi is not dericious."
4. Tax-free outlet shopping rules.
3. Pennsylvania drivers are the worst drivers no matter what state you're in.
2. Most Americans regard Cracker Barrel as haute cuisine.
1. The QVC Outlet is a good place to go if you want to feel thin.