Sunday, March 26, 2006

NCAA

I've been watching a lot of NCAA hoops instead of reading or doing homework, but this is the only time of year I get involved in sports any more so cut me some slack. Been a great tourney too, with lots of ridiculous close games and buzzer-beaters and OTs.

How about GMU? Cha's earning her Master's there--what fun it must be now that the Patriots are in the Final Four. Who'd a thunk it? When I was in grad school my boys barely lost to Michigan's Fab Five in the Elite Eight--I recall watching in horror as Derrick Battie geeked a wide-open slam dunk; that play stung not only because it let Michigan pull away at the end, but because Battie was in my remedial writing class at Temple at the time.

I'm always happy when Duke loses, and this year all the one seeds are out, so I'm ecstatic. Go LSU!

No comments: