Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Jonesin'


Feeling moderately better today after a 12-hour Nyquil-induced coma. I think I awakened three or four times between 7am and 12pm this morning, and simply turned over and went back to sleep, finally dragging my weary carcass out of bed at 12:30. Missed my 8am class and took another afternoon off as well.

The heating oil truck stopped by today. Bastards. I have no money, leave me alone! February was a cold month too...

Perhaps it's the virus talking but I'm feeling the urge to get out of this Liberry gig. I've only been here two years, but if you count my five years on the English faculty I've been at Towson U a total of seven. Typically I tire of employers after seven years and find a way to move on. The Classifieds list few companies looking for folks with graduate degrees in English, however. There's simply no way to advance at this joint without 'seniority' and/or an MLS. Perhaps one of the Aunties will retire and I can move upstairs to the same low pay but to at least a more reasonable schedule, but I'd be bored up there too.

No comments: