Sunday, March 12, 2006

Can't Wait

Tonight at The Historic Senator Theater:


From the Baltimore Sun two-part A+ review:

Even a refrain to a hit as familiar as "Heart of Gold" - "and I'm getting old" - took on a stabbing immediacy. Demme found himself surfing on pure feeling in the editing. "I swear to God, I was having a weird physiological thing. 'Harvest Moon' always makes me think of 'Moon River,' one of the great old American songs from anyone and any time; 'Harvest Moon' is right there, and it makes me go, 'Gosh, Neil can really write a beautiful song.' Then I'd hear the chords of 'Heart of Gold' when I haven't even recovered from 'Harvest Moon' yet. My body is saying, 'I don't want another wave of emotion, because I'm still dealing with the other one!' And then 'Old Man' comes in right on top of that, and I'm giving in: 'OK, go ahead, wash right over me.'"


Jonathan Demme made arguably the greatest concert film ever, so I can't wait to see this one.

No comments: