Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Ugh

Took a half-day today and came in at 5pm instead of 1pm. The infection has spread to my throat so now I can barely speak on top of being barely able to breathe.

Despite being sick, I had a great time today watching VH-1 list things. I'm unfortunately not up to reading anything deeper than Seuss, what with the medicines and the teas and the tissues all over, and the book I started two days ago makes Faulkner look like Judy Blume:



As a result it's TV and vegging out on the couch. I heard about The Stones of Summer through a fantastic documentary I got the first couple weeks I had Netflix:

5 comments:

Nick said...

Yeah, I remember you talking about that...

Finally watched some of Youth of the beast by Seijun Suzuki this afternoon--freakin' awesome!!!

Geoff said...

Hey, thanks for the recommendation. I'll add it to my Netflix queue.

Nick said...

It really rules; it's laugh out loud funny, fast, brutal like a technicolor Touch of evil. It's Yakuza/Gangster but only one person has died so far--excellent! Sometimes it just drifts into these amazing shots, it's really great.

Nick said...

No joke--I just checked out a book to a student here that still had the pre-corp all white Borders sticker on it. Y'know, the ones without the naples yellow stripe on top.

Geoff said...

The last Borders inventory I worked I found a book with one of those stickers because the RGIS scanner wouldn't beep it. The received date on the sticker was 07/94--my date of hire!