Thursday, May 18, 2006

The (ir)Regulars


In my travels around campus today I encountered Gimpy Bill, whose typical "hey bro!" greeting grated typically. Tiny Drum is here. Because I refuse to read his papers, he now stands at the Desk and reads them to me, explaining what he's doing and why. Oona thought this funny, while I wanted to curl into the fetal position and suck my thumb. Assburger is here too. When I saw him enter I fled to Starbucks for some caffeine. In Starbucks was Ass Barnacle; I'd not seen his revolting countenance for years, perhaps since I threatened to ban him from the bookstore for comments about staff cleavage.

A gorgeous night out--managed to walk outside at just the right moment to catch the sunset, and the fantastic rust light fading on the brick buildings here on campus.

Yahtzee and I are up to no good this evening after work. Time to find a nine-foot table in a joint that serves beer. Poolhalls with beverage service are hard to come by anymore--L'il Dickie's simply doesn't cut the mustard. Their single remaining table lists like the Exxon Valdez under Capt. Hazelwood's watch.

Update: Because of the wonders of the Internet I already know I aced my French exam and got an A for the course. In Arabic I achieved an 87 on the final and it looks as though I'll get either a B+ or A- for the course. Not bad for an old geezer. Still have a shot at Summa Cum Laude.

No comments: