Monday, May 08, 2006

Idleness is the Mother of Evil--B. Franklin



I find myself entirely incapable of work today. I haven't been doing my Arabic homework for weeks, and I skipped out on class this morning in order to sleep in two extra hours. What a delicious feeling, with the cool rainy air and the morning bird chorus. Fuck school this week. I've got a presentation on Michel Leiris tomorrow and I'm tempted to blow it off as well, but probably shouldn't. There's a cart of books here I could catalog, and a stack of orders to work through, but it's about 3 or 4 hours' worth of work, and I have to stretch it out for the rest of the week.

Next week is Finals Week--two big tests and the semester is over, and I won't have to work Sundays for three months. Woo-hoo! I'm tempted to take every Friday off this summer and use my vacation that way instead of taking off three weeks in August. We'll see.

No comments: