Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Day 25

Things Fall Apart. The Center Can't Something-Or-Other.

Kids in the halls, suddenly, running amok. 8th graders banging on doors and screaming, pulling shit down from the ceiling, hitting each other with drum sticks. I've seen this before--it's the old Book trying to come back. Fearless Leader hides in his office all day, then makes an announcement about how he won't tolerate what he is hearing has happened in the building of late.

Instead of not tolerating it, get your ass out in the halls. This is how things went last year! Relative calm until October and then Da Shit Hit Da Fan. Another couple days like the last two days and we will have chaos in the building.

Both hall monitors were out today for half the day, and the building was brought to its knees. God forbid they quit.Inside my classroom things are devolving, mostly because of the transfer of jerks into my well-behaved college-bound sections. I called four times to have a student removed from my classroom who was fighting other kids and destroying private property. Four times I was assured assistance was coming, four times it failed to show. Meanwhile nobody learns anything because I'm trying to restrain a clueless jackass who is punching girls in the vagina whenever I stop sitting on him. What a joke. For two days in a row my last class has been calm and quiet while the others have worn me out. A flip of circumstances I did not want.

2 comments:

fernie said...

I can pick up a bunch of those plastic ties that they use for handcuffs. Would that help?

Casey said...

That's some Lord of The Flies shit.

And I nominate the following for blog sentence of the year:

"Meanwhile nobody learns anything because I'm trying to restrain a clueless jackass who is punching girls in the vagina whenever I stop sitting on him."

Reminds me of Congress.