Thursday, June 02, 2005

Almost cut my hair...

For the first time in 11 years I have hair. In '94, two weeks before I got hitched, I cut off my Greg Allman mane and have shaved my head nearly every two weeks since, sometimes to the skin, but usually to an eighth of an inch or so. I keep it so short not because I like the look, but because I hate grooming, I hate grooming products, and I like to take 1-minute showers. For the same reason I have a ridiculous Van Dyke--not because I like it, but because I hate shaving and a full beard is too itchy.

Because my hair is naturally bushy, I'm looking more and more like Yahoo Serious each morning, but for some reason I'm not interested in cutting it. As a result I have to use conditioner again, and if I don't stop growing soon I'll look like John, Paul, George and Ringo. If I don't stop for a year or so I'll look the way Kerry King from Slayer used to look, whereas his current 'style' is reminiscent of my formerly current look (you may have to 'refresh' the page for the second link to work).

Cha won't tolerate it much longer. She's already teasing me and threatening me with the clippers.

To my good friends whose hair is now dearly departed--never fear, I've got male pattern baldness and shall join you in ten or fifteen years I'm sure.