Thursday, December 07, 2006

Big Nite on the Town

It's good to no longer work weeknights and Sundays. This evening I'm meeting Cha in Mt. Vernon for the annual lighting of the Washington Monument. The City puts on a pretty raucous fireworks display before turning on the holiday lights--not particularly Christmas-y, but fun nonetheless.

We had an invite to a big soirée planned by some premiere Baltimore event planners, but I'm begging off. That's more Cha's scene than mine--she's taking a co-worker in my place, while I go to the Peabody Conservatory for their annual Christmas concert, which features Renaissance and Medieval holiday music, which I adore.

If I get down there soon enough I can stroll through the Walters Museum show of medieval missals. They also do a wassail--free eats!

No comments: