Sunday, December 31, 2006

#100



A recurring theme in the recently-become-late Frederick Busch's collection of short fiction is the story of Hansel and Gretel (hence the title). The protagonists are rarely children, but confront a dark, mysterious world gone a bit off the rails. As I approach middle age I appreciate Busch's work, because the world confuses me more now than it did when I was a wee lad. The more we learn, the less capable we become of understanding the ways things work.

And now, off to debauchery downtown.

Happy New Year y'all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! 100!!!!! ha ha ha
good gravy man
that's a lot of reading!

congrats and here's to the NEXT 100!

Geoff said...

Thanks man. If I hadn't slacked off so much the last four months I could've topped 120 easily.

I blame house painting and Netflix. Oh, and pronography.