Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Day 122

The kids are misbehaving, and I am watching them do so. I begin to seethe, because I had a very relaxing spring break, and I'm reluctant to start with the yelling and threatening yet. I'd like to wait until after the MSA tests before I start that stuff again, but obviously that's not going to happen. A third of them have skipped class today and are running the halls, and the rest are grating my nerves.

Lukie sits on my right shoulder, the bad angel. "I think you need to get loud on their asses right about now. Go ahead. Get that fire back, the fire in the belly." I can feel a scowl forming on my face. Mysteriously, just as I'm about to erupt, the kids get quiet. I give them a half-assed warning lecture at the end of class. They disregard it, and I know I'm going to have to be The Man again soon, or they will continue walking all over me.

No comments: