Sunday, April 06, 2008

cherry blossoms


cherry blossoms, originally uploaded by Blog-Sothoth.

The cherry trees are blooming in the Park. They've not peaked yet, but are close. I figure two weeks from now it'll all be over. One good rain storm will knock the petals down and suddenly it will 90 degrees every day.

Spring Cleaning today. We tore the house apart. I made a dust bunny the size of a ten-pin bowling ball while sweeping in the master bedroom. The whole house is done except for the TV room, but now I'm out of steam. The TV room can wait until tomorrow. So can the laundry. And the back yard.

Last night Cha wanted to go to sleep at 9pm. On a Saturday. So we went upstairs and I was thinking "I'll lie there and read for a while until she's asleep, and then I'll watch the second half of the UNC Kansas game, or maybe I'll do more reading." I woke up at 10:30pm and turned off the light. We slept until after 9.

I think we're getting old after all.

No comments: