In about 48 hours I'll be in dragging my tired ass off the plane in the Netherlands. Getting there is a bit brutal. On Friday:
- Yahtzee is meeting me at my house. His pop is driving us to Penn Station, which is five minutes away.
- we're taking the Amtrak to the New Carrollton station outside of DC.
- we're taking the orange line Metro from New Carrollton to the Rosslyn station.
- we're taking the metro bus to Dulles Airport.
- we're leaving Dulles for Frankfurt just before 9pm.
- we're flying 8 hours to Frankfurt in order to sit in the airport for two hours before catching a flight to Amsterdam.
All that's missing is a boat and a donkey cart.
The flight to Amsterdam from Frankfurt lasts less than two hours; it is these short flights that give me the most anxiety, however, because when delays happen in my travels it's always some pointless layover/second leg that mucks up the works. I've spent the night at a Frankfurt airport hotel before because of a cancelled flight, and would like to avoid repeating that experience. Especially since Cha will be coming in from Milan via London and she won't know where I am if I'm not at the hotel when she arrives.