Saturday, September 29, 2007

Netflix

While everyone else is outside enjoying spectacular fall weather, I'm lying in bed sick. I dreamed this afternoon that I remembered a movie starring Art Carney and Paul Newman. In this movie Paul Newman threw a little person through the air. I was watching it in my dream and I thought "This was the first movie I ever saw in a movie theater." In the movie Paul Newman was having a crisis of faith and Art Carney was some old man archetype trying to help him out.

I can't actually remember the first movie I saw in a theater. Perhaps it was Pete's Dragon? I saw movies before that at drive-ins, like Squirm, and Herbie the Love Bug.

Before I slept I watched



President Eisenhower warned us, but nobody listened. Smedley Butler warned us before Ike did. We fight so Dick Cheney can make a lot of money for himself and his cronies.

2 comments:

ellen cherry said...

feel better soon. have you tried a Neti Pot? i'm battling a sinus virus that i brought back from Texas with me, courtesy of my new nephew (thanks!!) it's helping with the amount of stuff my face wants to produce. yum!

feel better. i'm so sorry you're sick.

Geoff said...

Ah, I remember the halycon days of yore, when my illness was a simple sinus infection...

REST, my child! REST!