Thursday, September 06, 2007

I have some problems with ANSWER and their shady Stalinism (they're the kind of folk who would write a leftist critique of The Lives of Others because of its unfair portrayal of the former East German Republic, which was of course a paradise of progressive domestic policy), but clearly the DC Police are again failing to uphold the Bill of Rights, or even to acknowledge its existence:

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.


I've been videotaped, truncheoned, and gassed by these bastards myself. Fuck them.

One thing ANSWER does very well is get a war protest going. There's another on Sept. 15 in DC. I have a scheduling conflict that day, alas. But I've had my fill of marches for the time being. I'll wait for war with Iran to start pouring my blood on stuff and getting arrested.

At least chunks of the Patriot Act have been ruled out. Not that a court ruling has much sway with the current crew of misfit yahoos staffing the Executive Branch.

[Image stolen from Nevada Thunder]

No comments: