Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Netflix



Seth recommended this, and the concept appealed so much I instantly Netflixed the DVD. Well worth watching, foot in a tub of ice, glass of pinot, etc. Caution: scenes of genital injury and general hilarity may cause spontaneous laughter. Not a good thing with a mouthful of pinot, especially if one's couch is off-white (thank Cthulu for Scotchguard). I like films (and lengthy novels) unafraid of mixing high-brow literary material and low-brow farce. Tristram Shandy does so with Pythonesque aplomb.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked it. Bought the book, but my stack of 'books to read' is waxing tall at the moment, so probably won't start it for a while. Not that I'm expecting the movie to at all resemble the book.

Geoff said...

I've had a copy for more than 10 years but have saved it for a rainy month.

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»