Sunday, December 05, 2004

I'm Grumpy

I got to work at 11:30 and left just after 1:30 for Ferocity's co-ed baby shower. M. was kind enough to let me take a couple personal hours and leave the desk to attend, but she would only give me a two-hour window to drive there, hang out, and get back. I saw some freaks I hadn't seen in a while, and got to chit chat with smart people and eat devilled eggs, and then I had to leave just as the fun was starting to come back to this shithole where annoying clueless kids keep trying to get me to do their research for them. It looked like F. and J. received a substantial amount of good loot!

The Bus was having a bad day. She put a bowl of salt in the mulled wine, thinking it was sugar. "Like, who puts salt in a bowl?" she asked. I felt like we were starring in an unaired episode of Lucy.

Worst of all, my graduate assistant isn't coming in tonight, so instead of taking two personal hours for the shower, I'll be working two extra tonight, and staying until 10pm. That sucks. I can't get any work done on my paper because there are actually boatloads of patrons here, dammit. Can't they see I have more important things to do?

No comments: