Sunday, December 05, 2004

EXTRA grumpy

Ha--foolish me. The Library doesn't close at 10pm on Sundays--it closes at midnight. Motherfucker! So on the one worknight of the week when I typically can go home at a reasonable hour, I'm going home at the most fucked up hour possible, and all because my grad assistant couldn't make it in. I'm sure my morning lit class will go swimmingly, too.

Fuck this. I've been on the desk since I got back from Ferocity's at 3:30. I'm hungry and grouchy. I don't know how this works, but I fully plan on shaving hours off Monday or Tuesday to make up for this bullshit.

Cha and Mommie Dearest and Danie stopped in because Cha was teaching a bookmaking workshop and lost her keys and she needed my housekey to get in the house. Looks like after I leave here we'll have to go and fetch my car at the bookmaking workshop place because Mommie Dearest gave Cha a ride home. Wonderful. Cha loses her keys three or four times a year. Once, she lost four of our housekeys in a matter of two days. I refused to give her mine because I knew she'd lose it, so she took back the copy we'd given her mother, and after promptly losing it, "borrowed" mine to copy while I was still asleep, and lost it. I had to leave through the basement door because we have deadbolts and she was locked out that day until I was done teaching my nighttime business class and we had to enter and exit through the basement for a couple days until we could get a locksmith.

Just last month she lost both of our basement door keys--we can't open the basement door anymore.

Ugh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to lose my keys all the time until I started carrying them on a dykey belt clip. My joke is that after I became a lesbian I never lost my keys again.

Man it sux that you had to work until midnight. Jesus.

em

Geoff said...

Ha! I like your solution (well, the dykey clip thing at least. The turning into a lesbian part I'd like to avoid for selfish reasons). The key-losing actually used to be much worse--she started carrying around a large blue strap, almost like a dog leash, with all her keys on it. It was too big to lose--until yesterday. The key factors for her are: too many bags, and too many pockets. She carries five or six bags with her at all times, and often wears 3 or 4 coats in a day, and keys tend to disappear in the chaos.

She also loses CDs. I've forbidden her to take any music out of the house (I'm a tyrant, I know--but if she wants to take music somewhere I'll burn it for her). At least 40 of my discs have gone into the void; some she's bought replacements for and then lost the replacement.

The midnight thing turned out not-so-bad. Aunty Boss apparently is cool with taking unofficial comp-time, so I don't have to go in until 3pm today.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say hi to you at the shower.
I am such a social misfit -- really sorry about that.
Freaks you haven't seen for awhile, indeed!

*Heather M.

Geoff said...

I too am a social misfit--I could just as easily have run over and said "howdy."

It's much easier here in the Comments!