Thursday, December 16, 2004

Good Tidings of Joy

Strange to find myself laughing loudly in the kitchen earlier while making raviolis and mixing a salad. First, I'm happy I took a half-day today; second, I'm even happier to have taken tomorrow off; third, it dawned on me as a I salted the boiling flour bags full of cheese that the Library is closed Sundays starting this weekend for a bit more than a month.

Yes, lauging loudly and heartily for no apparent reason is often construed as an inappropriate affective response. Look in your DSM-IV for a diagnosis. But I'll have Sundays OFF for a while. In fact, I'll have Dec. 23rd through Jan. 2nd off. I've never had time off at Xmas (at least since I was 14 or so). And so much time off. It's ridiculous!

The fact that it took me 2.5 hours to move exactly one-sixtieth of the Bound Periodicals section yesterday can't even phase me. Only fifty-nine-sixtieths to go! Ho ho ho.

2 comments:

Nick said...

And not only that but it's PAID time off!!! That's what amazed me the first time.

Oh, and watch out on that shifting--always overestimate--you never have enough room left.

Geoff said...

Yeah, I'm supposed to leave 10 years' worth of growth room for journals we're continuing to get in paper, and jam all the "dead" journals together--but I'm actually doing about 12 years' growth room and leaving random space here and there in case we get donations/gifts/etc.

It's a fucking cemetary in here tonight! We've had two patrons in the three hours since I came in.