Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Sick. Actually SICK of this.

It'll be over soon--please, God. It may be over by 8pm this evening, if Fla and Pa go Bush I think it's done (unless WVA and VA go Kerry). I can't stand it. I don't want to hear any numbers or know anything, and yet I surf all the 'blogs and flip the cable channels for any indication of how things are going.

I'm hyper-agitated by this; I saw someone from Westminster MD had emailed CNN this morning saying it didn't matter who won, because we could put a potato(e) in the White House and we'd be OK. Wish I could be so cavalier, and say "fuck it all." Instead I feel like punching things and rolling around on the floor.

Voted at 9:40am at Towson High (home of Michael Phelps, the Golden General). For the first time since I've been voting there (1994, I believe) I was in a line. I waited about 40 minutes to get up to the Diebold machine, and I didn't trust it at all. I saw a former co-worker/employee from Borders standing in line with her daughter. I got an email that another former borders employee had a baby--with photos of said baby in an anti-W. shirt. Go Minnessota!

It's going to be a long night. I think I'm cancelling my class tomorrow and drinking lots of wine after work.

I actually have stuff to do today, but screw it. I've got a meeting in 20 minutes and that eats a big chunk out of the productive part of my day--my student tonight is incapable of running the desk alone, so I'll be anchored there anyhow.

Anchored there, surfing the exit polls and blogs and media sites. Ugh.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

But the real question is, where did that baby come from???? Minnesotans neglect important details when sharing life events.

Nick said...

The Mormons.


To entertain you whilst gnawing away at the walls of your sanity

Geoff said...

Amen--I have to email Jill D. and find out who carried the baby, who created the baby, what method was used, etc. If it was David Crosby, I'll be furious.

As for a complete Criterion set--I know what I'm asking Santa for!

Nick said...

Hey. Here until 8PM--came in late so I could vote at high noon, school was out too. Getting some work done back at my desk, nice and quiet.

Geoff said...

Here til ten. At the service desk, bored to death. Have papers to grade but too distracted and excited about election. Bwah!

Nick said...

Working and downloading. This connection here is so fast it's unbelievable. If I had had this when Napster was around it would have been all over! I guess it's a good thing the firewall prevents bittorrents and most filesharing or else

it'd be all over.

Nick said...

It's seven. Doesn't it begin now?

Geoff said...

3 states for Bush, one for Kerry so far. No surprises yet--these were expected.

Our connection is super-fast too, but a lot of my fave political sites are jammed with traffic!