Sunday, November 28, 2004

In our 'fridge

We have 10 pounds of mashed potatoes.
We have a bag of turkey.
We have a large chunk of a traditional style Filipino roast pig (lichon).
We have a large platter of ginger chicken and cucumbers.
We have a large platter of pansit noodles.
We have kraut.
We have ham.
We have a quart of yams.
We have a pumpkin pie.
We have store-bought canolis.
We have corn cake.
We have babinka.
We have anti-oxident rich berry salad.
We have a half gallon of beef blood pudding.
We have a more than a case of beer.

I haven't eaten all day because my student assistant wasn't here--Kuni just arrived at 5pm, so I'm free to go have dinner, but the idea of dinner nauseates me. I've done nothing except eat for three days.

Actually our inventory isn't so bad this year, because as people were leaving last night we pulled out the giant Ziplocs and begin loading them up and forcing people to take food home with them. Someone had brought a box of cream-filled chocolate-covered pastries containing two dozen confections. Nobody ate them by the end of the evening, and I was handing them out to departing family members. Thankfully people took most of the canolis as well--I don't eat that stuff, and Cha certainly can't eat 12 before they get stale.

Ah, gluttony. I've packed on the typical Halloween-Thanksgiving 10 pounds, and will hope to have it eradicated by Xmas.

No comments: