Sunday, January 06, 2008

How I spent Jan 6th


How I spent Jan 6th, originally uploaded by Blog-Sothoth.

A lovely day to spend out on the roof, reading and drinking wine. Of course I was much distracted by the wheeling of various birds, as starlings, blackbirds, pigeons, and a variety of gulls dropped by for a visit, hopping about the tar paper, moving to a nearby tree, perching on phone and power lines to squawk or beep or cheep at me. Clouds drifted low and slow before a bright blue sky, and I was visited by some barely coherent bees, astonished into awakening far out of season by the sudden warmth. They hovered around the wine glass and then continued what I'm sure was a wasted search for pollen.

Yo! Adrienne dropped by for some tea and chat, and now I've got to fetch my book and chair from the roof afore the sunset. That chair, by the way, was hand-carved by Ifugao tribesmen. It's carved from one chunk of wood and folds in half neatly, which is how I got it from Banaue to Manila to BWI.

1 comment:

ellen cherry said...

i love that chair!! and also that we can see you taking the picture. glad you had a relaxing day!