Friday, February 02, 2007

I'm a piggy

The Mrs. is off work today, ostensibly to pack some junk for the move, but in actuality to watch TV and surf the 'net all day.

So I called her and asked if she wanted to "do" lunch since she's close by, and we went to the Cafe Spice lunch buffet. I'm a piggy, because that's the second day in a row. Yesterday Flea and I ate there. The waiter asked me today which one was my wife and which one my girlfriend.

Cafe Spice is damn good. They've only been around for a couple months but I've eaten there six times. I think it's the best Indian buffet in Baltimore--certainly better than the Ambassador (and half the price), better than India Palace, better than Mughal Garden, better than that joint on 25th whose name I always forget, better than Akhbar, better by far than Bombay Grill, and is even better than Kumari, which previously was my favorite (though that's a blend of Nepalese and Indian). I like the fact they rotate through more obscure dishes, like broccoli masala and lentil paneer, and they always have a variety of veg and carni dishes. Their spicing is more intricate, more subtle than the other joints. The mulligatawny soup is amazing. Check it out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tee hee! I'm flattered!

And also, I'm already trying to figure out how quickly I can go back. I talked about Indian food with Mary R. for half an hour yesterday.

I should take Jesse and REALLY make the waiters wonder.

Silenus said...

I do say I must try this place when I come back to town.

Silenus said...

I do say I must try this place when I come back to town.

Geoff said...

No, I should take Jesse and like totally confuse them.