Monday, October 02, 2006

Eyes on the Prize

If you haven't seen it, you should check out The American Experience on PBS--they're broadcasting Eyes on the Prize, which is a stunning documentary every citizen should see. I only wish it were available for purchase when I was still teaching, because I know for a fact my students needed to see it badly.

Hopefully PBS manages to get all the rights to all the footage and photos so they can issue a DVD. For years the film has been held up by legal fights over such rights. Tape it if you can!

Update: It is now available on DVD. Pricey, but worth every penny.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And how was the new job?????

lil sis

geoff said...

I'm reading lots of sample curricula now--seems cool so far. I have an office with windows, which is a nice change from the HVAC room.

Seth Anderson said...

perils of having satellite television: big electrical storm precluded me (re) watching Eyes on the Prize. Happy to hear that the copyright bullshite got cleared up.

Congrats on new office with windows too.

geoff said...

The problem with Eyes on the Prize? Heavy investment in TV time once you're hooked, even on a second viewing.

The best thing about it? You can drop in from time-to-time too.

I wish an electrical storm would preclude me working on any more curricula today, windows or no!