Apparently my interview went well last Wednesday. I met with the HR rep and answered some standard BS questions before being ushered into the back to speak to a Director of Something. Then I took a writing assessment test.
Said HR rep called me today to say they were planning to offer me the position pending a reference check. I told them they could call my current boss and my former bosses to their hearts' content.
Now the question becomes: Will I or won't I accept? The salary is larger, the hours are daytime weekday instead of nighttime/Sunday, but I'll need to find out about health insurance because Cha and I are both currently covered amply by the State of MD. Before deciding to leave I'd have to make sure we'd both get adequate coverage. Also, I lose tuition remission and lavish vacation/sick day benefits if I leave.
The new job is weird--I'd have to read children's books and write curricula for 2nd-8th grade. I have no experience with wee ones, or wee ones' books, but the organization is a non-profit specializing in helping poorly performing schools get their scores up, so I'll feel somewhat useful. My lack of experience must not matter because I beat out public school teachers who were going for the gig. My teaching experience is all university-level.
Compared to the tedium of Liberry Land the job seems all sunshine. And, it's only two blocks from home.