Thursday, June 08, 2006

Netflix



I first encountered Sarah Silverman on late-night TV. Her brief appearances as a guest on Late Night with Conan O'Brien were raunchy and satisfyingly un-PC. When I heard she had a DVD I was excited. Jesus is Magic is, alas, a crashing disappointment. Most of the jokes on this DVD are the same ones I saw her do on Conan years ago, and there's a lot of filler material, mostly in the form of musical numbers, that truly plumbs the depths of inanity. Avoid at all costs, unless you've never heard the five or six good bits she re-does here for the zillionth time.



Awww. Birdies are cute. Liked best the footage of puffins at Skellig Michael--that's one of the coolest places I've ever been. An enormous gannet with Shaquille O'Neil wingspan almost knocked me over a 700-ft cliff there. Perhaps when I get up some steam I'll write about that as Part Two of a series of strange travel experiences.

No comments: