Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Enemy of My Enemy is...


James Senselessbrenner (R-WI) is one of the most loathesome partisan hacks in the Congress; I detest his politics and can't abide his bullying tactics; whenever I see him puffing rude and pointless invective out his abysmal blowhole on C-SPAN I get out the Pepto Bismo.

And yet I give my man props for handing Alberto Gongshowlaz a list of tough questions re: the Administration's 'rationale' for domestic spying. This is especially significant after Karl Rove issued a blanket threat to Republicans that if they didn't play nice they'd get no White House support in future elections.

Some Repubs (Graham is a wanker even if he does cry foul for the right reasons from time to time) see the writing on the wall and are trying to distance themselves from Bush before he gets impeached. And we're not going to win on these issues without conservatives--palatable or no--joining the cause.

No comments: