Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Lafayette Gilchrist and the New Volcanoes

We saw these muthafuckas at the New Haven Jazz Lounge off Loch Raven BLVD a couple weeks back, and I couldn't remember the name of the band after all that Maker's Mark, which is a shame because I thought their show was fucking excellent.

If you live in B*more, Philly, NY, or one of the other towns these guys hit from time to time--check this shit out. They kick, the alto and tenor sax players are extreme, the trumpeters--fuck ya!--the drummer and bassist are right in there; and Lafayette is ridiculous. Cats in hats was saying "go, my man, go!" to the soloists that Saturday, and the soloists all went. My hair stayed up on my arms and neck for two hours.

Don't know about the albums, but they're available from Amazon:



No comments: