Monday, January 09, 2006

I'm Alito bit scared...



This guy should be stopped. I don't care if the ABA thinks he's smart. Lots of villains are smart. Alito always sides with the government or the corporation, and will likely rubber-stamp the Bush junta's nefarious power grabs. The donkeys need to fillibuster his ass, and should say they intend to do so this week--they've got a bit of 'political capital' saved up thanks to GOP self-destruction. I think a few blue-state reds can be counted on to avoid the "nuclear option" if the Dems stand together for once (Specter, Collins, Snowe, Chafee, Jeffords....uh-oh, that's only 49 if all Dems stand together, and we know at least Lieberman will vote yes to any right-wing yahoo--D'oh!).

Well, unless Alito fucks up on civil liberties or executive privilege real bad to the point where Voinovich and Hagel and maybe Graham jump ship, I think we're fucked. And I mean really fucked, because I look at pix of Alito, and he looks like one of those TLC serial killer documentary subjects I watch when I have insomnia. "He was a nice guy," the killer's neighbors always say. "A bit weird, though. Kinda awkward." There are fifteen barrels of formaldahyde in the basement, a freezer full of suspicious vittles, a shoebox with bloody drivers' licenses stored over the garage, etc. That's what I think when I look at Alito. Oh, shit.

No comments: