Thursday, January 27, 2005

One Bad Thing

There's only one bad thing about not working at Borders--lack of title awareness. I don't see all the new books, I don't get to fondle them, I don't pay attention to the book scuttlebutt, and I miss shit despite the fact my job has me on Amazon and Alibris and Bookfinder and Abebooks for hours each week.

The same goes for DVD releases, so I figured



would come out next June, just like the previous four sets--but NO, it came out before Xmas 2004, and here I am NOT watching the episode with the chowder-mispronouncing Frenchie waiter, and the greatest Citizen Kane spoof ever, "Rosebud," not to mention James Woods' fantastic performance as a convenience store clerk.

Must rectify this immediately, and imagine that! I got my GC from Amazon for purchases through this site last quarter just in time.

2 comments:

Nick said...

I'll look for the Leonardo link on Sunday--got to go--but wanted to see how yer better half was doing, much better I hope!

Layter

Geoff said...

MUCH better, thanks. Still hacking a lot, but we went out today--she hadn't left the house in 8 days!