Tuesday, January 04, 2005

In Some Knee Ah

What a day [night] for the long-absent insomnia to re-emerge. At work until 9pm, back at work at 7:30am, and perhaps one hour of sleep in between. I played the "let's look at the clock at nineteen minutes after the hour, every hour between 1am and 7am" game.

Desperate and awful is the morning routine of those unable to sleep. I was so sleepy I tried to make coffee without putting water in the coffee maker. Cook Library has brightened its 2nd floor lobby with new white paint and ceiling tiles and high-intensity flourescents; walking through this gleaming citadel to urinate is depressing enough after a full night's rest. Now, it's like something Alberto Gonzalez, Don Rumsfeld and General Miller dreamt up.

My office mates are hacking up phlegmy furballs and it's making me paranoid because I'm two years overdue for a sinus infection.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quick! Go to Trader Joe's and get that Airborne stuff!
I hear it works really really well.

Geoff said...

Airborne stuff?! Is this an insomnia preventative, or a germ preventative?

Anonymous said...

It's germy stuff. It's supposed to help keep you from getting sick.
I wish I'd taken it when everyone here was hacking before the holidays.

Geoff said...

too late anyway. My sinuses are all fucked up from the dust in the Bound Periodicals--I think I'm getting sick!