Thursday, August 25, 2005

My Wife's Ob-Gyn Cracks Me Up


So, about a month ago I posted that Cha had received two questionable Pap results. At first her Ob-Gyn frightened her to death with the big C; then, after further testing, he told her the newer tests were inconclusive and that they'd wait until November for "treatment options" and another round of scraping.

"These results could be false," he said.

But then he had the nerve to say: "It's possible your husband has been sleeping around and you've contracted something from him. But you shouldn't run home and accuse him because it might be from a while back."

Yes, Doctor, that would be "a while back"; it's been more than 15 years since I've sowed my oats elsewhere! And that wouldn't be "sleeping around" because I hadn't started dating Cha yet.

I'm tempted to call this guy and give him a piece of my mind--if you think these results might be false, why would you even suggest to a patient that her spouse is playing the field without waiting for verification? This doctor got in trouble, after all, simply for warning a patient about obesity (I saw him on Olbermann last night).