Sunday, February 08, 2009

Seen on TCM



I've rarely made it through a John Wayne film because that sort of macheesemo doesn't do it for me--but this one was a treat. Light and silly (and sexist), but with clever innuendo throughout. While Cha was out enjoying the gorgeous spring-like weather, I was home babysitting Ma. Ma laughed for two hours straight, especially at the scenes of domestic violence. My favorite gag was Michael giving the parish priest penance for his part in a conspiracy to help Sean win Dannaher's approval for his sister's hand in marriage. Or, the scene where Michael admires the destroyed marriage bed and calls it "Homeric."

2 comments:

ajc said...

thanks for looking after ma.

Geoff said...

Now I know that TCM is a great channel for her--she watched 2.5 movies straight through!