Tuesday, December 13, 2005

My Wife

About six weeks ago the CDRW/DVD drive in our Inspiron laptop failed. I spent hours trying to troubleshoot, de-bug, re-format, etc, even spending time with Dell support on the phone. My wife, the entire time this transpired, only said "yeah, it started acting weird this morning" and clucked her tongue sympathetically at my efforts, which spread out over a couple late evenings.

No biggie. We have an external 80gig zip drive and a floppy drive we can use in the same port, so I just chalked up the cd drive as a lost luxury and let it go.

Then I got my Verizon DSL hook-up kit yesterday and realized I need a cd drive to get started, so I asked my wife again if she remembered anything weird about why the cd drive had stopped working. "Oh, I spilled Mountain Dew in it," she admitted, then started laughing hysterically.

"Why didn't you just tell me that instead of watching me go through all the trouble of trying to get it to work?"

"Because you would have told me I can't have any nice things, even though I know it already because whenever I break something you tell me that."

"You can't have any nice things. Jesus!"

No comments: