Friday, March 11, 2011

Day #104

The kids were amazingly whiney and pissy and bitchy today. They complained about everything to the point where I gave them an assignment which asked them to complain about something and then they complained about having to complain.

While I was chiding them for their negativity and distasteful attitudes I noticed that I was being pretty whiney and pissy myself. It's a tough part of the school year, that dreadful long desert from New Year's to Spring Break, and after President's Day there's no reprieve at all until mid-April. We're all couped up together and tensions start to bubble up, dynamics shift among the various cliques, tempers flare, and hormones simmer as birds start chirping and buds start popping outside.

Five full weeks until Spring Break. Lots to do, lots to do....

No comments: