Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day #110

I have never in my entire life needed time off as badly as I do the Spring Break week around the corner. Thank goodness my job comes with built-in swaths of recovery time because I'm closer to going postal than a tea bagger after Glenn Beck's show.

That said, I had fun today. Yes, it's a constant struggle to get the kids to stay in their chairs, and it's a totally lost battle to keep them quiet, but I get my 20 minutes of teaching time into each 90 minute class, and that's better than many other teachers in the building, who are simply passing out word searches and coloring pencils this week and throwing up their hands. I've been letting the reins up a bit and enjoying the show. At least we've had a surprisingly non-violent week (knock wood).

Two more days...

No comments: