Monday, June 11, 2007

Happy Anniversary

According to Google searchin', the official traditional gift for a thirteenth wedding anniversary is lace, and the accepted modern substitutes for lace are textiles or furs.

I'm thinking something more practical. Mrs. Traveling Jones (who recently celebrated her own thirteenth) suggested mulch. Given we have a concrete slab for a yard, that's not likely to make a positive impression.

Anybody have suggestions? Maybe I'll get her a Bean since I popped her workout ball doing crunches last month with my lard ass. Or perhaps it's time for a new toy--I mean "personal massager"? Or a day spa GC?

Dinner always works. Maybe I'll phone up The Carlyle and make a reservation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about a Fisher Price "My First Digital Camera"?

ha ha ha

:) jv

Geoff said...

Then this would be our LAST anniversary.

Anonymous said...

John's comment had us rolling on the floor!