Monday, May 07, 2007

UGH

I'd been too happy of late, and figured a reckoning of sorts was in order. Be careful what you wish for! We love our new house, our neighbors had a big welcoming brunch for us Sunday, we were settling into a comfortable rhythm of life. We were planning to spend the remaining money from the sale of our old place on a trip to Europe, when...

the [brand new] toilet in the master bath started running 24/7.

the [brand new] HVAC system in our house went haywire.

Cha's VW failed to start at IKEA this afternoon.

I got a bill from the IRS saying we owed a ludicrous amount in back taxes and penalties from 2004 [I hire a pro to do my taxes--he'll be paying the interest and fees if I get my way].

All in all, a good day. I'm drinking wine tonight. To excess. Let's hope this streak ends now.

No comments: