Thursday, April 01, 2010

Spring Break

So now the relaxation can begin. Last weekend we cleaned and prepped for a party to celebrate the 20th anniversary of our first date, and then Sunday we spent cleaning and eating the leftovers. Thanks to everyone who came--quite a turnout, new friends and old!

Tuesday we drove through a monsoon to NYC, and sat in rush hour traffic at the Lincoln Tunnel. The purpose? So Cha could be at JFK airport to fetch her mom and dad, just back from 3 weeks in the Philippines. I wish we'd planned things out better so we could have done something in NYC, but we had a really nice dinner with John and Leesha at a Belgian joint called BXL. The food and beer were authentic, and there were actually Belgian people on staff.

BTW, I love Belgium.

So now it's chill time for the second half of Spring Break. I wish I wasn't dreaming of work every night: terrible, disconcerting dreams that my LCD projector got stolen, that all my kids moved away and I had to start over with new classes in April, that I get transferred to a new school with no warning, etc. You know, the kind of stuff that actually happens in Baltimore schools....

2 comments:

ec/KP said...

how did we miss the party? was it a FB thing? i'm so out of it. :( happy anniversary to you guys, we love you.

Geoff said...

Yes, it was FB--originally scheduled for February but pushed back due to the blizzards. Never fear, we'll see you soon!