Thursday, August 13, 2009

it begins...

I've been waking up around 8am this week, creeping closer to the school-year sleep schedule. Today I slept in until 10:30 because I didn't get to bed until 3am, and when I got downstairs there was a message on my cell phone from the Language Arts Department chair at my school:

"I know this is kind of short notice, but we're having a planning meeting today from 9 until 1. It's very important that you're here to get ready for the school year. There will be a second meeting tomorrow at the same time."


According to my phone, this message was received at 8:48 this morning. Calling a teacher still on summer break to announce a planning meeting which starts in ten fucking minutes is not "kind of short notice." But this sort of behavior typifies the way City schools are run.

So I missed today's meeting, but I'm going tomorrow. Hopefully I can find out what grade(s) I'm teaching, and what room I'm in.

I need to remember to buy a Mega Millions ticket today. I never buy Lotto tix, but any chance to avoid going back to the March is worth a shot...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

of course if Alicia or I win, you wo't go back either! hey, your chances just tripled!