Saturday, October 02, 2010

2 Much 2 Dream

Bizarre dreams all week. Human corpses in the stew pot, evicerated beasts, long-lost friends showing up with current students to play basketball, etc. Thursday night I had a long dream about catching a flight at 6:30 in the morning, and every 15 or 20 minutes I woke up to look at the clock in a panic that I'd overslept and would miss the plane, and then I'd think "It's just a dream, I don't have a flight," and I'd go back to sleep and repeat the cycle.

I love dreams, however, and the freakier the better. It's strange how they seem to disappear for a while, and then suddenly return with a vengeance.

1 comment:

ec/KP said...

me, too. i sleep longer/better without dreams like that, but they are a fun ride. last night, it was all water-related. staying at a friendly acquaintance's amazing house in some great location, but all the lap pools at the house were clouded with brown leaves. at one point, i was searching for a bathroom in the house and kept walking down....5 levels of bright white, perfectly designed kitchens, with stainless steel appliances. too much Bret Easton Ellis in my past, i s'pose.