Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The Indie 500

Somehow Blog-Sothoth was included in a list of progressive-minded blogs called The Indie 500; I believe it was because I signed up in opposition to Alberto Gonzalez, who of course was confirmed anyway.

At any rate the list has generated a traffic boost here, and the funny thing is I've not been writing about politics for weeks! So, if for some reason you came here expecting the same sort of analysis you see from Kos or Atrios, I'm sorry--I've relegated myself to "This is what I did today" and film/book comments for now.

But:

Condi Rice's European "charm offensive" lacks charm, but it is offensive. I suppose demanding that the rest of the world work with us on our terms, and then telling them to fuck off when they refuse, and finally demanding their help in getting us out of our fuck-ups passes for diplomacy these days.

TGI Howard Dean! He knows how to build networks and organizations--no one can deny that. His "failed" candidacy radically changed Democratic fundraising and took the focus off fatcat donors and put it back on multiple individual contributions, thereby (gasp!) involving regular schmoes in the process again. Dean also was talking about pickup trucks and "values" problems for the Dems last year and everyone criticized him for it. Do I think he's flawless? Hell, no, but he's better than that smarmy prick on the way out, and certainly better than the more centrist, business-friendly guys and gals who challenged him.

Oops! Martin O'Malley is being groomed by the DNC for an eventual national run I'm sure--who vetted these remarks? He'll be lucky to beat Ehrlich now.





No comments: